There is a difference between the types of meditation and the methods of meditation. There are many types of meditation, under which there are many types of methods. Thousands of methods have been described in yoga and tantra meditation. There are many rituals and rituals in Hindu, Jain, Buddhist, and sage Sangat. The method and action are to break your physical and mental sleepiness so that you become meditative.
Lord Shankar had told 112 methods of meditation to Mother Parvati, which are stored in ‘Vigyan Bhairav Tantra’. Osho Rajneesh has described more than 150 methods of meditation in his discourses. One of the methods is called the Vipassana meditation method. Let’s know seven extraordinary things about it.
Note: There are many ways of doing Vipassana meditation at present. Here the basic method is written.
- Anapanasati Meditation Yoga: Vipassana meditation is a very ancient meditation method. About two and a half thousand years ago, Lord Gautam Buddha gave a new form to this ancient sadhana method and propagated it. Vipassana is an ancient meditation method that Lord Buddha revived. At that time, it was called Anapanasati Dhyana Yoga. Lord Buddha made it the simplest.
- Miraculous Meditation Method: This is the only miraculous meditation method through which most people have attained enlightenment. In the present era, this method is more effective as well as the modern man full of ideas needs it more.
- An effective method of introspection: Vipassana is an effective method of introspection. This leads to self-purification. It is a combination of pranayama and witnessing. It is part of the witnessing itself. Since time immemorial, sages and sages have been doing this meditation method. According to this method, you have to watch your breath and be aware of it. To see means to feel its movement. To watch the movement of the breath is Vipassana.
- How to do Vipassana: Vipassana is a straightforward experiment. Witness your passing breath. In the initial exercise, feel the breath coming and going in the nostrils in any position while getting up, sleeping, waking up, talking or in silence. Just like till now, you ignored your breathing but now naturally watch its movement with a witnessing sense or feel it exhale and take it. Pay attention to the gap between inhaling and exhaling. Do not do this forcibly. , whenever meditation comes, closing everything and meditating on it is Vipassana.
Apart from breathing, in the second step, it would help if you also observed that this one thought comes and goes, another comes. This anger came and went. Not to be involved at any cost. Just watch quietly that there is some action and reaction in your mind, brain, and body.
- Vipassana is not a method; it is nature: There is no need for frills or living in solitude to do Vipassana. Its good practice can be done only by staying in the crowd and noisy. While riding a bike, sitting in a bus, travelling in a train, travelling in a car, on the side of the road, in the shop, in the office, in the market, at home and while lying on the bed, keep doing this method anywhere, and nobody knows. It will not work if you are meditating.
- Why to do Vipassana: Breathing is the only bridge between the body and the soul, which drives our thoughts and feelings and keeps our body alive. Breathing is life. Osho says that if you keep watching the breath properly, then inevitably, unavoidably, you will begin to know yourself as separate from the body. One who sees the breath has become separate from the breath, and the one who is separated from the breath has become disconnected from the body. Release from the body, release from the breath, then the eternal is seen. In that philosophy, there is flight, height and depth. There are no heights in the rest of the world, nor are there any depths in the world. The rest is useless nonsense.
- Benefits of Vipassana: It removes stress. Negative and useless thoughts do not come. There is always peace in mind. Keeping the mind and mind healthy also affects the body. All the anguish of the body disappears, and the body becomes healthy. The most significant advantage of this is that if you keep doing it continuously, then self-realization starts, and the accomplishments are automatically proved.