Keeping fast for 9 days of Navratri is not only a matter of devotion. But it also directly affects your health. Yes, the difference in your lifestyle and eating habits for 9 consecutive days in Navratri affects your health. Keeping fast in Navratri is beneficial for your health. Let us know the 8 benefits of Navratri fasting –
1) On fasting during Navratri, such people also wake up early, who have the habit of sleeping till late every day. Doing this for 9 consecutive days positively affects your body, energy, and mental health.
2) Worship is performed along with the fast, which helps in mental peace and reducing stress. This improves your mental level, as well as you remain happy.
3) Avoiding eating and drinking also affects your physical and mental health. These days you do not eat salt and other caloric food and consume more fruits, milk, and juices, due to which you maintain your weight.
4) Consumption of fruits and such substances improves the digestive system. It gives you relief from problems like constipation, gas, and indigestion.
5) During the fast, you do not consume alcohol, cigarettes, and other smoking-related things, which controls your deteriorating health and avoids harm.
6) By fasting, the amount of cholesterol from inside the body is reduced, increasing the fitness of your body and the heart, and other organs.
7) During these days, the temperature is high, and the thirst is also high. In such a situation, when you consume plenty of water and fluids, there is no dehydration, and you remain fresher.
8) You are spiritual these days. Spirituality increases your mental and spiritual health and gives you a feeling of extra energy.