Chinese media has claimed that in the next two years, Beijing will complete the construction of two submarines which can go up to 11 thousand meters of sea or 36 thousand 89 feet below sea level. If this project succeeds, these submarines will be able to reach the deepest point in the world, which is known as the Mariana Trench (trough). Let’s tell you the interesting points related to the deepest trench.
1. Mariana Trench is the deepest place on earth. The sea is 10,898 meters deep, 10,916 meters deep, that is, the depth of about 11 kilometers.
2. So far, about 1000 people have climbed the highest mountain range Mount Everest, compared to that only 3 people can go to the deepest trench Marianna Trench.
3. If compared, Mount Everest is 8,848 meters above sea level, while Mariana Trench is deep 10,916 meters (2068 meters more than Mount Everest) from the sea surface.
4. US retired lieutenant Don Walsh and his Swiss colleague, the late Jacques Picard, went to a depth of about 10,790 meters in a submarine in 1960.
5. In 2012, Canadian filmmaker James Cameron went down to a depth of 10,898 meters to reach the ditch on a solo trip in a submarine. They took 7 years to build a submarine for this.
6. Marianna Trench is so deep that it does not reach the sunlight.
7. In the Pacific Ocean, there is a series of trenches on the eastern and western edges, in which the Mariana Trench is the deepest.
8. Mariana Trench is located in the east of the Philippines.