As we all know the world is facing too many problems due to COVID19. With the spread of it people also fighting for it together. As there is no vaccination available till now, so the best way to fight this pandemic is to stay away from it by staying at home until or unless it is very necessary to go outside, taking precautions such as wearing masks, using hand sanitizer frequently, building immunity by taking proper diet, and by obeying the government rules and regulations.
How you should maintain your lifestyle to be healthy as well as protect yourself from Coronavirus –
Physical Activity –
Not only in the pandemic situation, generally many of us love to stay home in idle condition. But it is not good for health, to build our immunity we should workout for a time. So that the toxins can come out from the body through sweat. A short break from sitting, by doing 3-4 minutes of light physical movement, such as walking or stretching, will help to improve blood circulation and muscle activity.
How much physical activity is recommended for your age group?
Children under 5 years of age –
All young children should spend at least 180 minutes a day in a variety of types of physical activities.
Children aged 5-17 years –
• All children and adolescents should do at least 60 minutes a day of moderate physical activity. This should include activities that strengthen muscle and bone, at least 3 days per week.
• Doing more than 60 minutes of physical activity daily will provide additional health benefits.
Adults aged over 18 years –
• All adults should do at least 150 minutes of physical activity throughout the week, or at least 75 minutes of physical activity throughout the week.
• For additional health benefits, adults should increase their physical activity to 300 minutes per week.
Healthy Diet –
Eating a healthy diet is very important during this COVID-19 pandemic. What we eat and drink can affect our body’s ability to prevent infections by improving our immunity.
For babies, a healthy diet means exclusive breastfeeding in the first six months, with the introduction of nutritious and safe foods from age 6 months to 2 years and beyond. For young children, a healthy and balanced diet is essential for growth and development.
Some tips to maintain a healthy diet :-
- Eat a variety of food, including fruits and vegetables
• Every day, eat a mix of grains like wheat, maize, and rice, fresh fruit, and vegetables, with some foods from animal sources such as meat, fish, eggs, and milk.
• For snacks, choose raw vegetables, fresh fruit, and unsalted nuts, etc. Which will help to improve your stamina?
- Reduce absorbing salt containing foods
• One should take limited salt of 5 grams (equivalent to a teaspoon) in a day.
• When cooking reduce use of salty sauces and condiments (like soy sauce, stock or fish sauce, tomato sauce etc).
- Eat a less amount of fats and oils
• Replace butter and ghee with healthier fats such as olive, sunflower or corn oil when cooking.
• Try to eat white meats like poultry and fish which are generally lower in fats than red meat.
• Drink low-fat milk and dairy products.
• Try boiling food instead of frying food as much as possible.
- Limited sugar intake
• Take a fewer amount of sweets and sugary drinks such as fizzy drinks, fruit juices flavored milk drinks, etc.
• Choose fresh fruits instead of sweet snacks such as cookies, cakes, and chocolate.
• Avoid giving sugary foods to children. Salt and sugars should not be added to complementary foods given to children under 2 years of age.
- Drink enough water
Drinking water instead of sugar-containing drinks are much more helpful for your body. It helps to control your calories also.
Healthy Parenting –
As a parent, you should take care of your child so that he/she should not go outside. Should not travel in a crowd. As you understand what is right or wrong you should tell your child about that. You should provide healthy food for your child. As many of the children are attracted by the junk foods as well as cold drinks etc so that you should provide a less amount of it to your child. In the age below 3 years, you should provide all the healthy food to your child so that it should not compromise to your children’s health.
Mental Health –
It is the strongest and necessary thing one should have. At each and every critical situation it helps to overcome that problem.
• If you are suffering from any kind of disease or serious injury, you should not lose your hope.
• If any of your family members is suffering from any kind of mental illness you should encourage him/her to overcome that problem.
• Once anybody loses hope against overcoming that problem then the ability to do that problematical work is reduced by 50%. So that one should not lose hope in the worst situation also. • As nowadays the effect of coronavirus is increasing vigorously so that you should encourage the victims that they will recover soon. After encouraging them they will get a hope that they will get well soon as well as they will be stress-free. As their mental pressure will be less it will help them to recover soon.
[This story is not written by FeedByMe officially. The story covered by Aspiring Akash Debnath We don’t claim any possibility of anything.]