Washington: With the proposal for change in H-1B visa policy of tent adjustment, the employment of 75 thousand Indians in the US can be in danger. Nasscom, a software industry organization, has expressed concern about it. Admission can be negotiated on the proposed changes in the coming days. On the other hand, American Administration is working on the policy of ‘Bye American, Higher American’ to give Priority to American youth.
Nasscom expressed concern about the proposal
About this, Nasscom, a US software industry organization, has raised concerns about the changes in visa rules and the new rules in front of the American Administration. The proposed changes can be negotiated in the coming days.
Actually, the American administration has taken this step under its ‘Protect and Grow American Jobs bill’. This bill is proposed to change the use of the H-1B visa to prevent misuse. Under this, restrictions have been made to impose restrictions on movement of minimum sales and talent.
Why are changing rules on the H-1B visa?
– The US has been told to tighten H-1B rules to curb rising unemployment. Donald Trump raised this issue even in the presidential election. He told the American youth to give priority to the job. After this, Trump Administration is adopting ‘By American, Higher American’ policy.
It is believed that many American companies hire workers from other countries to lower salaries. Indians are at the forefront in this. This reduces opportunities for US youth to get jobs. After the election, the administration had issued a policy memorandum. It was said that computer programmers would not be eligible for H-1B visas.
Why will the Indians be affected?
Indians have the most H-1B visas in the US. In April, 2017, the figure related to it was released. The US Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) report said that USCIS received 34 lakh H-1B visa applications from 2007 to June 2017. There were 21 lakh applications from India.
In the meantime, the US gave 26 lakh people an H-1B visa However, the report did not clear the fact that the number of people in the United States gave the US visa. According to the report, among those who receive H-1B visas, 23 lakhs are between 25 and 34 years old. They are affiliated to the jobs of 20 lakh IT Sectors.
On the other hand, USCIS received 1 lakh 99 thousand H-1B Pittings in April 2017. In the US, 1 million 72 thousand 748 visas were released in 2015, i.e. 103% more.
Indians will not have H-1B extends
– These proposals of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) can prevent foreign workers from keeping their H-1B visa, whose green card application is in place. It has a large number of Indian professionals.
– With the decision of the Trump government, thousands of Indians will not have H-1B extends in the US because their green card applications are currently stuck for permission to stay there. Upon the implementation of this rule, about 75 thousand people will be affected. Apart from India, youth of other countries also may have to leave the United States.
What is the H-1B visa?
– The H-1B visa is a non-immigrant visa. Under this, American companies can keep overseas theoretical or technical experts on their own. Under this visa, IT companies recruit hundreds of thousands of Employees every year.
– US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) issues H-1B visas to over 20,000 students for 65 thousand Foreign Employees and Higher Education (Masters degree or more) in the General category.
These visa fees have increased
– To reduce the number of people coming to the United States, the Trump Administration has already increased the fees for getting visa. H-1B and L-1 visa fees have been increased in January 2016. For H-1B it has been increased from $ 2000 to $ 6000 and for L1, $ 4500.